Refractory mortar is also called refractory castable, insulation mud. It is a joint material for refractory masonry. In addition to jointing material, refractory mud can also be as a protective coating for linings. Refractory castable consists of refractory powder, binder and admixture. The particle size of refractory mud varies according to the requirements. And its limit particle size is generally less than 1mm, and some are less than 0.5mm or finer. Refractory mud is mainly used in coke ovens, glass furnaces, blast furnace hot air furnaces, and other industrial furnaces. It Is suitable for metallurgy, building materials, machinery, petrochemicals. Insulation mud can be suitable for the repair and patching of refractory materials, the sealing of joints, and the joining of sections of high-temperature materials.
Refractory Mortar Features
- Good plasticity and convenient construction.
- High bonding strength and strong corrosion resistance.
- The refractoriness is high, the temperature is up to 1650 ℃ ± 50 ℃.
- Good resistance to slag intrusion.
- Good thermal exfoliation.