Tundish Flux is also called insulation covering agent. It is used in the aluminum alloy smelting process to prevent oxidation and oxygen absorption on the melt surface. Aluminum alloy is very easy to absorb hydrogen and oxidize during smelting, sprinkle with covering agent to form a dense protective layer to protect the purity of the melt. All components are properly heat-treated to remove the adsorbed water and crystal water, and are screened to ensure uniform particle size. After the covering agent is melted, the viscosity on the surface of the aluminum liquid is small, and the fluidity is good. In a short time, a dense protective film is formed on the surface of the aluminum liquid, thereby protecting the aluminum liquid from oxidation and absorption. It is used for purifying the degassing and slag purity of metal liquid in the casting of aluminum alloy products.
Covering Agent Advantages
- A dense protective layer can be formed to reduce the involvement of gas.
- Reduce the metal loss caused by the liquid surface being oxidized.
- It has the advantages of a moderate melting point, good fluidity and good coverage.
- The dosage is small, the cost is low, and the metal content in the formed slag is very low.
Application of Tundish Flux
AdTech covering agents are white powdery fine particles composed of chloride and fluoride salts and other compounds. The refining tank can be sprayed with gas. It can also be directly sprinkled on the surface of the metal liquid, and evenly stirred to enter the impurity separation effect. It is used to cover the aluminum and non-high magnesium-aluminum alloy strontium modified aluminum alloy in the furnace, which greatly reduces the metal loss caused by the liquid surface oxidation and reduces the oxidation burning loss. At the same time, a physical barrier is formed between the molten aluminum and the oxidizing gas in the furnace to reduce the formation of oxidized inclusions in the aluminum liquid and produce an isolation effect, which is beneficial to improve the casting quality. Meet the production of high value-added, high-tech performance aviation, transportation and other aluminum alloy precision casting.
How to Use Covering Agent
- After the molten aluminum is melted, sprinkling the covering agent can greatly reduce the burnt of aluminum liquid.
- Used for slag removal after melt casting and refining, sprinkling with a covering agent can reduce the burning loss of aluminum liquid on the surface, and at the same time prevent the re-inhalation of refined aluminum liquid.
- For the large-scale furnace with dozens of tons, the spraying agent is used to spray the covering agent to ensure uniformity.