Aluminum alloy melt purification method can be divided into adsorption purification and non-adsorption according to its principle of action. Adsorption purification refers to the direct reaction of the aluminum melt with the adsorbent, such as a gas, a liquid, a solid refining agent, and a filter medium. This adsorption purification method includes rotary degassing and flux refining.
The flux refining method is to add the flux to the inside of the aluminum melt during the melting process. The purpose of degassing and removing impurities is achieved by a series of physical and chemical effects. The smaller the tension of interface between flux and inclusions, the better the adsorption of the flux and the stronger the impurity removal effect.
Aluminum Alloy Melt Purification
In addition to the flux for degassing and impurity removal, there are some other fluxes. Such as covering agent, cleaning agent, deslagging flux. Repeated use of various fluxes, resulting in increased smelting costs, increasing the possibility of introducing impurities. So the research and development cover protection, purification, deterioration, fine new flux, which is integrated into functions, is still one of the future development directions.
There are many kinds of aluminum alloy melt refine flux used in aluminum alloy melt purification, which can be divided into two types: covering agent and refining agent. The covering agent is different from the refining agent, it is used for preventing melt oxidation and inhalation. And refining flux is mainly used for removing gas and inclusions.
Flux Used in Aluminum Alloy Smelting Process
However, any flux used in the aluminum alloy smelting process must meet the following conditions:
1. The melting point should be lower than the melting temperature of the aluminum alloy.
2. The specific gravity should be less than the specific gravity of the aluminum alloy.
3. can adsorb and dissolve inclusions in the melt and can remove gases from the melt.
4. should not be chemically active with metals and furnace linings. If it acts with metals, it should only produce inert gases that are insoluble in metals, and the flux should be insoluble in the molten metal.
5. The hygroscopicity is small and the evaporation pressure is low.
6. should not contain or produce harmful impurities and gases.
7. should have appropriate viscosity and fluidity.
8. easy to manufacture: the price is cheap.
Aluminum Alloy Flux Manufacturer
AdTech’s refining flux is white with slightly gray powdery fine particles. Main ingredients are chloride and villiaumite, together with other compounds. After appropriate heat treatment and screening, it turns to uniform size, which is conducive for transferring in refining jar with(N2 or Ar) gas as carrier to the bottom layer of molten aluminum. Through physical and chemical changes in the molten aluminum, numerous small bubbles are formed and fully contact with molten aluminum, separating hydrogen and other harmful gases. At the same time, adsorbing and fusing compounds contained in the refining flux can strongly adsorbing and fusing oxide and float, attaching together to the bubbles, with the rise of the bubbles and being brought to the surface of molten aluminum, so as to achieve the degassing and deslagging purpose of purification.