Aluminum rods production process can be divided into several different processes namely extrusion, rolling and coiling, or drawn directly from molten aluminum. These processes elongate the aluminum into circular or bar-shaped pieces that can be machined into all kinds of applications. Many machine and equipment parts, such as rivets, nails, screws and bolts, are made from rod and bar. Aluminum wire is used pervasively in electrical transmission applications due to its superior conductivity and non-corrosive nature. Every-day products produced from wire, rod and bar include chain-link fence material, aluminum antennas, zippers and those handy re-twistable twist-ties used to keep food fresh.
Aluminum Rods Production Process
Aluminum rods are a type of aluminum products. The melting and casting of aluminum rods includes melting, purification, impurity removal, degassing by degassing unit, slag removal and casting processes.
According to the different metal elements contained in aluminum rods, aluminum rods can be roughly divided into 8 categories. The specific classification is as follows:
(1) 1000 series aluminum rods represent 1050, 1060, 1100 series.
(2) 2000 series aluminum rods represent 2A16 (LY16) and 2A02 (LY6).
(3) 3000 series aluminum rods mainly represent 3003 and 3A21.
(4) The 4000 series aluminum rods represent 4A01 4000 series aluminum rods, which belong to the series with higher silicon content.
(5) 5000 series aluminum rods represent 5052, 5005, 5083, and 5A05 series.
(6) 6000 series aluminum rods represent 6061 and 6063 series.
(7) 7000 series aluminum rods represent 7075 mainly containing zinc.
(8) 8000 series aluminum rods are more commonly used. 8011 belongs to other series, most of which are aluminum foils, which are not commonly used in the production of aluminum rods.
How are Aluminum Rods Produced?
What are the steps involved in the production process of aluminum rods?
In general, the production process of aluminum rods includes melting, purification, impurity removal, degassing, slag removal and casting. Specific steps are as follows:
Ingredients: according to the specific alloy grade to be produced, calculate the additional amount of various alloy components, and reasonably match various raw materials.
Smelting: The prepared raw materials are added to the melting furnace for melting according to the process requirements, and the slag and gas in the melt are effectively removed by means of degassing and slag refining.
Casting: Under certain casting process conditions, the melted aluminum liquid is cooled and cast into round cast bars of various specifications through a deep well casting system.