The aluminum alloy flux is white powder or particle with uniform particle. It is made by drying a variety of inorganic salts and mixing them in a certain proportion. It is mainly used to remove hydrogen and floating oxide slag from molten aluminum.
Refining Flux used in aluminum alloy smelting must meet the following conditions:
1. The melting point should be lower than that of aluminum alloy.
2. The specific gravity is less than that of aluminum alloy.
3. It can absorb and dissolve the inclusions in the melt and remove the gas in the melt.
4. No chemical activity with metal and lining. If it interacts with metals, it should only produce inert gases that are insoluble in metals, while foundry flux should be insoluble in molten metals.
5. Low moisture absorption and evaporation pressure.
6. It shall not contain or produce harmful impurities and gases.
7. It should have proper viscosity and fluidity.
The aluminum alloy flux contains adsorptive and fusible compounds, which can strongly absorb and melt oxides and aluminum slag. These foreign matters are adsorbed on the bubbles and brought to the surface of liquid aluminum with the rising of bubbles. In this way, the liquid aluminum will be purified by degassing and slag removal.
Dubai aluminum uses an especially refining flux, which is sprayed to the bottom of the bath by a carrier gas (nitrogen or argon). A large number of bubbles are formed at the bottom of the liquid aluminum, which floats upward from the bottom and in full contact with the melt.
Through physical and chemical action, the gas and inclusion in liquid aluminum can be brought to the surface of liquid aluminum to achieve degassing and slag removal. After a large number of applications of Adtech refine flux, Dubai aluminum has proved that this refined preparation has a remarkable effect on degassing and slag removal of pure aluminum and aluminum alloy.