The alumina ceramic foam filter is mainly intended for the filtration of aluminum and alloys in foundries and cast houses. With the excellent attack and corrosion resistance of molten aluminum, the filter can effectively remove inclusions, reduce trapped gases and provide laminar flow, then the filter metal is significantly cleaner. Cleaner metal results in better quality castings, less scrap and fewer embedding defects, which contributes to the bottom line.
Ceramic Alumina Foam Filter For filtration of molten aluminum
Reduce rejects related to inclusions
Reduce costs related to inclusion defects
Increase productivity with higher extrusion or rolling speeds
Increase casting flexibility with easy alloy changes
No holding metal
Higher dimensional tolerances
Stable chemical composition
Highest filtration efficiency
Resistant to corrosion attack by aluminum and molten alloys
Beveled edges and compressible seal
Ceramic Alumina Foam Filter Instructions
- Inspect and clean the surface of the filter box to keep the filter box clean and free from damage.
- Gently place the filter plate into the filter housing and press the gasket around the filter plate by hand to prevent the aluminum liquid from flowing or floating.
- The filter box and the filter plate are evenly preheated to be close to the temperature of liquid aluminum, and the preheat temperature of the filter plate is not lower than 260 ° C. Preheating to remove adsorbed moisture helps to facilitate the initial opening of the filter pores, preventing the expansion and contraction of heat from causing partial blockage of the filter plate pores. The preheater can be heated with electricity or gas and heated normally for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Pay attention to changing the aluminum hydraulic head during casting and keep the flow of aluminum liquid at normal demand. The normal starting pressure is 100 to 150 mm. When the aluminum liquid begins to pass, the pressure height will drop below 75-100mm, then the pressure height will gradually increase.
- During the normal filtration process, avoid bumping and shaking the filter plate. At the same time, the laundromat should be filled with aluminum water to prevent the aluminum liquid from being too big and too small.
- After the filtration is complete, remove the filter plate in time and clean the filter housing.