Ceramic filter for aluminum melt filtration outside the furnace is an effective method to improve the cleanliness of molten aluminum. The ceramic filtration process can effectively remove various inclusions in the molten aluminum with a fineness of micrometers, reduce the influence of inclusions on the quality of the cast-rolled blanks, and provide a basic guarantee for obtaining high-quality cast-rolled blanks.
The molten aluminum refined by high-purity nitrogen in the holding furnace is further purified outside the furnace using an online degassing device, and then filtered and purified outside the ceramic foam filter furnace to enter the casting and rolling mill to produce cast-rolling billets.
The ceramic foam filtering method used is a two-stage filter box, which is a foam ceramic two-stage filter plate with 30PPi mesh and 40/50PPi mesh. The aluminum liquid needs to be filtered through a first stage before it flows into the front box. The filter plate can effectively block metal and non-metal inclusions and bubbles in the aluminum melt, play a role in purifying the aluminum melt, and provide a basic guarantee for obtaining high-quality cast-rolled blanks.
As the filtering volume of the aluminum liquid increases, the pores of the ceramic filter plate will be blocked by inclusions, which will affect the cleanliness of the aluminum melt after filtration, so the filter plate needs to be replaced in time.
Advantages of Ceramic Filter for Aluminum Melt
1) It has good strength at room temperature and does not drop slag during transportation and operation.
2) It has a certain high temperature strength, thermal shock resistance, and liquid metal erosion resistance.
3) It has good chemical stability and does not react with alloy liquid.
4) It has suitable pore size, good ability to permeate alloy liquid and ability to filter non-metallic inclusions.
5) It has good appearance quality. No deformation, small size deviation, uniform aperture, and no plugging phenomenon.