Foundry ceramic foam filters are produced basing on the carrier with a solid reticular structure and combined organic foam pores. The producing procedure is as below, put the carrier into the thixotropic alumina slurry, adopt square to center correcting automatic extrusion process, so that slurry evenly deposits in foam skeleton of carrier, after drying solidification, then the carrier will turn into final product by roasting formed under 1180 ℃ high temperature. Filter is installed in the filter box for filtrating impurity in molten aluminum alloy, which helps to meet the requirement of production in high value-added, high-tech performance aluminum alloy precision casting, such as computer hard drive, PS baseboard for printing, canning materials, fan blades for turbojet engine, etc.
Advantages for Foundry Ceramic Foam Filters
- Adopt adsorption principle for filter, can effectively remove big piece inclusions in molten aluminum, and effectively adsorb tiny inclusions.
- No broken bits drop out, effectively reduce the pollution of molten aluminum.
- Superior thermal shock resistance, improve erosion resistance ability of molten metal.
- Automatic flow production, 3 calibration procedures，precision size，fit the filter bowl tightly.
- Improve the surface appearance and performance, purify molten aluminum.
Standard sizes for Ceramic Foam Filter
- Dimension (± 3 mm ): 7x7in 9x9in 12x12in 15x15in 17x17in 20x20in 23x23in 26x26in
- Thickness: 50 ± 2 mm
- Bevel Angle: 17.5± 1.5°
- Special Dimension: square, rectangular, trapezoidal, abnormal, or customized as per the requirement.
Ceramic foam filters are mainly used for foundry molten aluminium filtration in cast houses. With their excellent resistance to attack and corrosion from molten aluminum, they can effectively remove inclusions, reduce trapped gas and provide laminar flow, and then the filtered metal is significantly cleaner. Cleaner metal results in higher-quality castings, less scrap, and fewer inclusion defects, all of which contribute to bottom-line profit.
At Adtech, the continual quest is to ensure that our customers receive the best technology available on the market to produce the highest quality billet, slab, or ingot for their customers. Our guarantee does not stop with our customer, but continues to our customer’s customer! Our technology guarantees conformance of casting quality for the most critical end-product applications.