Function of Molten Metal Ceramic Foam Filter
• Removal of impurities and slag: purification of molten metal and simultaneous degassing (adjustment of turbulence):
-After filtering, the viscosity of the molten metal decreases and the fluidity of the aluminum alloy liquid increases by 10% -15%. Therefore, Molten Metal Ceramic Foam Filter filtration improves the filling ability of the molten metal.
–The metal melt flow is turbulent before filtering, and becomes laminar after filtering (the tortuous bend in the flow path of the foam ceramic filter), which reduces the gas volume and secondary slag formation;
-As the filtration proceeds, the filtration mechanism ranges from sieving, filter cake to deep bed filtration, and the purity of the filtered metal liquid is getting higher and higher (without exceeding the filtration capacity of the ceramic foam filter)
• The scrap rate of parts is reduced
• Part cutting performance improved
• The mechanical properties of the material are significantly improved, especially the elongation.
Selection of filter size
• Step: Calculate the minimum cross-sectional area of the sprue
• Step 2: Calculate the sum of the cross-sectional area of the cross-runner and the cross-sectional area of the inner runner,
• The third step: determine the placement and number of filters;
• Step 4: According to the filtration speed of the filter per unit area, the filtration capacity of the filter per unit area, the actual pouring speed and the weight of the molten metal passing through the filter and the purity of the molten metal
The size of the filter (if the liquid metal is too pure, multi-stage filtration is required).
Namely: the filtering speed of the filter> the pouring speed of the metal liquid The filtering capacity of the filter> the amount of the metal liquid inclusions