Aluminium Foundry Ceramic Filters remove various impurities in the aluminum liquid during the aluminum rod casting process. The sealed ceramic fiber gasket is fixed around the filter plate to help seal the filter plate to the filter housing and ensure that no aluminum liquid flows out from the side.
The advantages of Aluminium Foundry Ceramic Filters for Casting Filtration
1. Adopt the principle of adsorption, which can effectively remove large inclusions in molten aluminum and effectively adsorb small inclusions;
2. No slag drop, effectively reducing the pollution of molten aluminum;
3. Good thermal shock resistance and good resistance to molten metal corrosion;
4. Automatic assembly line production, three calibration procedures, accurate size, more in line with the filter box;
5. Improve surface quality, product performance, and microstructure.
Since 2012, the square Aluminum Foundry Ceramic Foam Filter has been focusing on the research and development, production and sales of cast filter (CFF) of alumina ceramic foam filter for aluminum alloy casting.
Non-metallic inclusions in castings are the most important cause of casting defects. Casting defects will affect the surface finish, mechanical properties and processing properties of the castings, and will increase the rejection rate.
Ceramic foam filters for foundry are designed to remove inclusions and reduce turbulence, so as to achieve a rapid and stable flow of molten metal, thereby improving the quality of castings. It has excellent filtering effect on all aluminum and aluminum alloys. It is made of pure zirconia and has a temperature of 1760°C, which is insensitive to different melting temperature changes.
Ceramic foam filter is a combination of excellent strength, thermal properties and resistance to attack from molten aluminium.
Alumina Ceramic Foam Filters is available in all common sizes: 7″, 9″, 12″, 15″, 17″, 20″, and 23″. We offer the whole range of porosities from PPI 10 up to PPI 60 (PPI = pores per inch). Custom-made cut-to-size filters are also possible.
Ceramic foam filter has a gasket on the edges to help seat the filter in the filter box and ensure no metal bypasses the filter. There are different types of gasket available, fibre gasket, expandable gasket. Also, you can choose Alumina Ceramic Foam Filters without gasket.