Aluminum alloy refining agent is a white powder or granular flux. It is made by drying various inorganic salts and mixing them in a certain proportion. It is mainly used to remove floating oxide slag and hydrogen in molten aluminum.
Characteristics: Some components in the refined preparation are easy to decompose at high temperature, the generated gas is easy to react with hydrogen, has a strong adsorption force for slag, and quickly escapes from the melt. Other ingredients have the function of removing slag.
Scope of application: suitable for common grade aluminum alloys (alloys with high magnesium content and aluminum-magnesium alloys), as well as smelting, degassing refining and slag removal of pure aluminum.
Usage: Sprinkle the refined preparation on the surface of the liquid, and then quickly press it into the molten aluminum. After stirring thoroughly, let it stand and discharge the slag. If spraying, use inert gas to spray the refining agent into the aluminum liquid.
When smelting aluminum alloy scrap, the quality of the scrap is different, and the amount of covering agent and refining agent are also different. There are many types of aluminum alloy smelting agents used in aluminum alloy smelting, which can be divided into two types: covering agent (fluxing agent to prevent oxidation and inhalation of the melt) and refining agent (degassing gas and inclusions). Covering agents are different from refined preparations. However, any fluxes used in the melting of aluminum alloy must meet the following conditions.
1. The melting point should be lower than aluminum alloy.
2. The specific gravity should be less than aluminum alloy.
3. It can absorb and dissolve the inclusions in the melt, and can remove gas from the melt.
4. It should not be chemically active with metal and furnace lining. If it interacts with metal, it should only generate inert gas that is insoluble in metal, and the refining agent should be insoluble in molten metal.
5. Low moisture absorption and low evaporation pressure.
6. It should not contain or produce harmful impurities and gases.
7. It should have proper viscosity and fluidity.
8. Easy to manufacture: cheap.