Foam Ceramic Filter for Aluminum is mainly used for continuous purification of aluminum water, with good deep filtration effect. The use of molten metal filtration technology is an effective means to improve the surface and internal quality of castings. Filters have been commonly used in industries such as auto parts, aerospace, machine tools, hydraulic parts, pumps and valves, and wind power. AdTech produces various types of ceramic foam filter products, which are sold domestically and exported to more than forty countries and regions.
Foam Ceramic Filter for Aluminum Instructions
1. Aperture selection
Continuous casting and rolling: 40~60ppi
Gravity casting: 10~30ppi
Semi-continuous casting: 30~70ppi
High-quality aluminum or plate: 40~90ppi
2. Clean the filter box;
3. Gently put the filter plate into the filter box, and press the sealing gasket around the filter plate by hand to prevent the aluminum liquid from flowing by;
4. Evenly preheat the filter box and the filter plate to make it close to the temperature of the molten aluminum. Preheat to remove water and facilitate the initial instant filtration. The preheating can be implemented by electric or gas heating. Normally it takes about 15%. ~30 minutes;
5. Pay attention to the change of the aluminum hydraulic head when pouring. The normal initial pressure head is 100~150mm. When the aluminum liquid starts to pass, the pressure head will drop below 75~100mm, and then the pressure head will gradually increase;
6. In the normal filtration process, avoid knocking and vibrating the filter plate, and at the same time make the launder full of aluminum water to avoid too much disturbance of the aluminum water;
7. After filtering, take out the filter plate in time and clean the filter box.
How to Use Ceramic Foam Filter
The position of the filter is as close as possible to the casting to achieve the best filtering effect. Generally, an open gating system is used.
Filter area: The cross-section of the runner where the filter is placed must be enlarged, the width of the filter support table is 5-12mm, and the gap between the filter and the filter seat is 0.5-1mm.
The height of the buffer before and after the filter or the upper and lower buffers is recommended to be 1.5H~2.5H (H is the thickness of the filter) to prevent partial overload of the filter.
Precautions for the Use of Foam Ceramic Filters
The filter is ceramic and must be handled with care to prevent bumps.
The debris inside the filter must be blown out before putting it in the filter holder.
After putting it in the filter holder, check that the top surface of the filter cannot be higher than the parting surface.
When the casting temperature of steel castings is low, the zirconium filter needs to be preheated.
Store in a dry and ventilated place, free from rain and heavy pressure.
The handling process should be handled with care to prevent bumping and stepping.
If the storage period is more than 1 year, it is recommended to use after drying.