Granular refining flux is a kind of environmentally friendly refining agent in the true sense. Its chemical composition is an anhydrous granular molten salt compound, and its appearance is gray or white irregular particles. It is smokeless, odorless, and dust-free. It can effectively replace mixed refining agents and completely solve the pollution of chlorine, hydrogen chloride gas, and fluoride caused by refining agents in the production of aluminum and aluminum alloy.
Granular Refining Flux Application
The granular refining agent is suitable for the production of primary aluminum in electrolytic aluminum plants, the production of aluminum ingot remelting aluminum plants, and the production of aluminum and aluminum alloy scrap aluminum recycling. It can be sprayed into the reverberatory furnace with special refining equipment or directly bagged into the bottom of the furnace. Under the combined action of inert gas nitrogen or argon, hydrogen, and various non-metal impurities are removed.
Granular Refining Flux Uses
1. Add the granular refining agent into the special refining tank according to the required amount, and close the lid. When the temperature of the molten aluminum is 700-750℃, turn on the switch of the refining tank and pass in nitrogen or argon (required nitrogen pressure is 1.2- 1.8kg/cm2). When the refining agent is sprayed out from the refining iron pipe, the iron pipe can be inserted into the molten pool and moved slowly and evenly. High-purity nitrogen or argon gas sprays the granular refining agent into the aluminum melt regularly and quantitatively. Under the combined action of dispersive small bubbles and granular melting flux, the oxide inclusions and hydrogen in the aluminum liquid are removed, and the refining time is 15-20 minutes each time. . When the molten flux in the tank is completely sprayed and filled with nitrogen for 15-20 minutes, draw out the refining tube and turn off the nitrogen or argon.
2. Put the granular flux directly into the bottom of the furnace according to the required amount, and then inject molten aluminum or aluminum ingots or alloy ingots on it. As the smelting progresses, the granular refining agent will quickly melt and pass through the entire molten aluminum layer from bottom to top Remove oxidized inclusions and bring out hydrogen.
3. Generally, continuous aluminum melting furnace refining every hour or every 2 hours, calculate the amount of particle flux that needs to be added according to the amount of molten aluminum in the interval, and spray it into the bottom of the melt regularly and quantitatively. The requirements for powder spraying refining parameters are the same as above.
4. The bag material can be directly put into the bottom of the transfer bag according to the required amount, and then the transfer bag is transferred to the central degassing equipment for degassing. The melted granular refining agent will gradually float to the liquid surface and bring out oxidation inclusions and hydrogen. So as to achieve the purpose of refining.
5. Or add it to the material box set above the deaerator of the transfer bag, and use the screw conveyor to add quantitatively.