The actual size of the ingot does not meet the required size, which is called size inconsistency. The reasons are as follows:
- Improper flow orifice plugging during casting.
- The design of the mold does not meet the requirements or the mold is deformed and worn out for a long time.
- The casting stroke indicator is inaccurate, damaged or malfunctioning, and cannot correctly indicate the casting length.
- Improper control of the flow rate of various flow trays, launder capacities and ingots of various specifications.
- Failure of electrical and mechanical equipment makes it impossible to continue casting.
- The casting temperature is too low, the bell mouth and the flow eyes are frozen during casting, and the casting cannot be continued.
- When casting hollow ingots, the core is deflected or the mold is not firmly fixed, causing eccentricity.
Partial preventive measures: take corresponding preventive measures according to the cause of formation.
Size Inconsistency Preventive Measures
- Choose a suitable plug to block the aluminum liquid outlet
- Replace with a new crystallizer, the design meets the requirements.
- Maintain the casting stroke indicator.
- Control the aluminum flow, and strictly control the convection plate and flow trough.
- Maintain faulty electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Increase the casting temperature to make the aluminum liquid flow smoothly.
- The crystallizer is firmly fixed.