The wetting behavior between molten aluminum and substrates made from industrial Al2O3 and SiC based ceramic foam filters (CFFs) was investigated in the foundry.
- The same CFF filters were also tested in plant scale filtration experiments.
- The wetting experiment results show that the SiC-based filter material is better wetted by liquid aluminum than the Al2O3 based filter material.
- This indicates that the improved wetting of aluminum on a filter material is an advantage for molten metal to infiltrate the filter during priming.
- Also, better wetting of Al-filter might increase the removal efficiency of inclusions during filtration due to better contact between filter and metal.
- Non-wetted inclusions are easier to be removed.
Aluminum Foundry Ceramic Foam Filters Basic Structure and Classification
The ceramic foam filter PAl for aluminum filtration consists of a base plate, a surface film, a water outlet, a positioning seat, and the like.
The ceramic foam filter for molten aluminum filtration is the core component of the ceramic filter. It is a new type of porous functional ceramic material. It is filled with crisis-cross capillary pores (about 1 to 10 microns in diameter). They are the filtrate (water), channel, this component is called the board base layer. The components of the ceramic filter plate include corundum, silicon carbide, and other materials.
Ceramic filter outlet, positioning base main components are stainless steel or polymer material.
Aluminum Foundry Ceramic Foam Filters Features
Non-stick aluminum ceramic foam filter for molten aluminum filtration is the core component of the ceramic filter, suitable for industrial solid-liquid separation, material dewatering.
Uniform pore size distribution, high filtration accuracy, up to 0.1 micron, good self-cleaning, no pollution. Easy to regenerate, can be brushed, sanded, rinsed and backwashed. Microporous ceramic filter is based on diatomaceous earth as the main raw material, after molding. High-temperature sintering advanced filter material. The material is uniformly covered with silver ions and has antibacterial and antiseptic effects. It can effectively remove bacteria, fine-grained impurities, and viruses from the water. It can be widely used in the application of water, mineral water purification, sterilization, and sterile water for medical and electronics industries. Water, high purity water plug preparation, etc.
The main features of the ceramic filter are as follows:
1. Filtration precision covers fine filtration, microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, reverse osmosis;
2. High mechanical strength, stable chemical properties, good wear resistance, low resistance, resistance to clogging, and easy recoil;
3, high efficiency, high yield, uniform, and stable filter aperture.