CFF Filtration Equipment is widely used in molten metal filtration to remove undesirable non-metallic inclusions in the melt. The main filtering material is ceramic foam filter. Ceramic foam filter is a new type of industrial ceramic product with low bulk density (0.25~0.65) g/cm3, high porosity (60%~90%), and three-dimensional network structure. It is important for molten metal filtration equipment. Because ceramic foam has excellent properties, such as high-temperature resistance, strong chemical resistance, and large surface area caused by high porosity,
Advantages of CFF Filtration Equipment
- Reduce the gas and inclusions contained in the casting, reduce the turbulence of the molten metal when filling the mold, reduce the surface defects in the casting, and significantly reduce the scrap rate of the casting.
- Increase the compression and sealing of the casting, increase the elongation and tensile strength of the casting, improve the surface finish of the casting, improve the fluidity of the molten metal, increase the filling ability, and feeding ability of the melt.
- Simplify the casting system, reduce the length of the lateral flow channel, and increase the casting output.
- Reduce processing time and tool wear, improve the surface quality of castings.
- Ceramic foam has high mechanical strength, chemical stability, high thermal shock resistance, and liquid metal flow shock resistance even under high-temperature environment. No slag or broken during the work process to ensure the quality of the molten metal and stable chemical composition.
- With a large and stable metal flow rate, even if the content of inclusions in the molten metal is high, it will not block the ceramic foam filter. With high dimensional accuracy, it can be automatically placed on the production line.
CFF Filtration Equipment Instructions
Gently lay the filter in the filter bowl, press sealing gasket around the filter by hand to prevent molten aluminum from dispersing or floating away.
Preheat the ceramic foam filter evenly for 15-30 minutes, make sure their temperature close to molten aluminum. The preheating temperature for ceramic foam filter should above 260℃. Expanding cotton will seal after preheating. This procedure makes ceramic foam filter steady fixed in molten aluminum. Preheating also leads ceramic foam filter pores open and avoid occlusion caused by thermal expansion and contraction.
Observe the change of molten aluminum height, hold molten aluminum flow in standard needs. Normal starting molten aluminum height is 100-150mm. The height falls down below 75-100mm when molten aluminum flows, and it will slowly increase later.
Do not hit or shake ceramic foam filters in filtration process. At the same time, control molten aluminum flow rate in launder, never to be too much or too little.
Take out the ceramic foam filter and clean the CFF filter box in time after filtering.