Ceramic filter board, also known as foam ceramic filter plate, consists of three categories: alumina ceramic filter plate, silicon carbide ceramic filter plate, and zirconia ceramic filter plate. The three-dimensional network has uniform bone structure, showing pink or white lumps. Foam Ceramic Filter Plate can effectively remove large inclusions in liquid aluminum, and adsorb micro size small inclusion particles. It can improve the surface quality, product performance, and microstructure, and improve the yield. It is widely used in aluminum profile, aluminum foil, aluminum alloy and other production fields.
Foam Ceramic Filter Plate Features
Transmittance refers to the effective filtration area of foam ceramic filter plate products. The higher the transmittance, the less blind holes, the more effective filter holes (display holes), the better the filtering effect.
Porosity refers to the percentage of the total volume of pores in the filter plate product in the total volume of the filter plate product. The porosity determines the filtration capacity of the foam ceramic filter plate in the unit volume. The greater the porosity, the greater the filtration capacity of the filter plate, the stronger the filtration capacity, and vice versa.
The pore uniformity is used to describe the gap between the actual number of holes per 25.4mm and the number of theoretical holes required in the filter plate product. The smaller the gap is, the better the quality of the product is. If the gap is too large, it will lead to the reduction of the retention capacity of impurities of filter plate products or the filtration speed of melt is too slow, which can not meet the individual requirements of users in production.
How to use Foam Ceramic Filter
1. Clean the filter box.
2. Put the filter plate into the filter box gently, and press the sealing gasket around the filter plate by hand to prevent the side flow of aluminum liquid.
3. Preheat the filter box and filter plate evenly to make them close to the temperature of liquid aluminum. Preheat to remove moisture and facilitate initial instantaneous filtration. Preheating can be carried out by electric or gas heating. Normally, it takes about 15-30 minutes.
4. Pay attention to observe the change of aluminum hydraulic head during casting, and the normal initial head is 100-150 mm. When the liquid aluminum starts to pass through, the head will drop below 75-100 mm, and then the head will increase slowly.
5. In the normal filtration process, avoid knocking and vibrating the filter plate. At the same time, the chute should be filled with aluminum water to avoid the disturbance of aluminum water.
6. After filtration, take out the filter plate in time and clean the filter box.